Mobile broadband is a form of wireless internet connection. It is also known as mobile internet. There are devices which can simply be plugged into the computers for getting access to the internet. The most common devices used are mobile dongles, data cards and mobile phones. 3G laptops are also becoming popular. Mobile broadband is highly in demand because of its unique feature of providing internet on the go.
Mobile broadband utilizes 3G services. This in turn uses two technologies which are High Speed Download Packet Access and High Speed Upload Packet Access. This gives the user high downloading and uploading speeds. You just need to plug in the device into your laptop to avail high speed internet.
The advantages offered by it are many. These advantages are listed below.
- You can conveniently use internet while traveling in bus, train, etc. You can also have a 24/7 internet connection while you are on a vacation.
- The devices are small and easy to carry. You can drop them into your pockets or handbags conveniently.
- It has an inbuilt modem and it also doesn’t need separate electricity connection. It is a totally wire-less connection.
- There is no need to get a telephone line. You can thus save the extra cost of the regular internet connection.
- You can access internet in areas where there is no internet service provider.
- The software is pre-installed in the modem and it installs the same into the computer when the modem is plugged.
There are also certain disadvantages which are listed as under.
- The speed is sometimes slower than other broadband connections.
- There aren’t many providers to choose from.
- It is costlier than the standard broadband connections.
- It cannot take heavy loads and the download limit also proves to be a negative aspect.